Join the force today
Service Corps Members receive:
- Training, skills and industry certifications for careers across the green economy
- Monthly stipend
- Unlimited monthly Metrocard
- AmeriCorps Segal Education Award for continuing your education and training
- Wraparound supportive services
- Career services including post-graduation
GCF recruits for the Service Corps year-round.
To join the Green City Force Service Corps, you must meet ALL of the eligibility requirements below:
- Be between the ages of 18-24
- Currently live in a New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) development or affordable/low-income housing
- Have a GED or high school diploma
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- You CANNOT have more than 60 college credits or be enrolled in college full-time
Have a question about your eligibility or Service Corps recruitment? Contact us here.